Friday, May 21, 2010

Does my sims 2 download game work or is it something else? Pleez help!!!?

Ok so i used to have a sims 2 download folder already made but then i got the sims 2 open for business. I installed it but then when i didn't want it to be installed, don't ask, i uninstalled and then i found that my sims 2 download file was gone!!! So i made a new one. Do u think it works. Because when i tryed downloading some downloads into it it seemed to work fine but i didn't find my downloads in the game. Whats the problem my download file or something else? Because i did get that sims file maid 2 and it said my files were installed fine. But i didn't find any of the downloads in the game.

Does my sims 2 download game work or is it something else? Pleez help!!!?
Sounds like you're saying when you uninstalled OFB you lost your 'downloads' folder. You tried to make a new one and install new CC in it, but they aren't showing up in the game, right?





If so, make sure the new folder is in 'My Documents\Ea Games\The Sims 2' and titled 'Downloads' with the 's' at the end. Other than that, make sure you have meshes and recolors and all your downloads unzipped into the folder.
Reply:Your terminology is mind boggling





download - is when you receive a file from the internet, also from any external device such as DVD drive, usb pen drive etc..





Install - When files are extracted from a main file source like and executable file, cd/dvd, usb pen drive...and placed in specific directories to create a functioning program or driver set.





What probably happen is when you UNinstalled the upgrade to Sims 2 you probably uninstalled the entire program and deleted the original sim 2 game. I dont know how you did this because you can uninstalled expansion packs of most software. Im not sure as I dont have sims 2.





Another thing is you maybe trying to run the original Sim 2 program with its executable file, when the expansion packs may have there own seperate executable file which patches the original Sim2 installation, then runs the game.





But its really hard for me to understand what you did do to your usages of terminology unrequited to my knowledge


No comments:

Post a Comment