Monday, May 24, 2010

Why are my download speeds so different than dsl speed test results??

I have a 1.5 meg connection and when I test it I get good enough result from cnet and other speed test site of about 1.3 meg/ sec download results. BUT, when I download anything, in anyway including bittorrent my combined download speed maxes out at around 150k/sec. Weirder still itunes says I am downloading songs etc.. at 1.3 megs/sec yet when I watch the number indicating how many megs I have downloaded it obviously takes about 7 secs to download a megabyte which is 150k/sec. What is this disparity?

Why are my download speeds so different than dsl speed test results??
The advertised specs are usually never obtained unless you are within a few miles from the source. The farther from the source IPS the weaker the signal. It also depends on the type of DSL that was sold to you and the number of users on the service.

hide song

No comments:

Post a Comment